||Boston, MA / Los Angeles, CA
Analysis Group, one of the largest private economics consulting firms, with more than 700 professionals across 11 offices in the United States, Canada, and China, relies heavily on substantive, high-quality content as an integral part of its marketing and business development strategy. The Writer/Editor is a key member of the firm’s Marketing team, with responsibility for developing content and providing quality control for a wide range of documents, including thought leadership pieces, collateral, web content, publications, announcements, and proposals. Topics span subjects such as economic issues in health care, finance, and energy; intellectual property; antitrust; and damages associated with litigation.
The Writer/Editor frequently collaborates on projects with Marketing colleagues in editorial, digital, creative, business development, and research. This is a highly visible role that requires frequent interactions with senior consulting staff to generate original content, refine existing content, and develop innovative approaches to leveraging and distributing content.
As a company, Analysis Group has a learning culture where emphasis is placed on intellectual curiosity. The Writer/Editor must have the ability to learn and master complex concepts sufficiently to translate them into effective marketing content. Rigorous attention to detail, strong editing and proofreading skills, the ability to manage shifting priorities, and a willingness to pitch in on a variety of projects are also essential.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Contributing to the drafting and proofreading of proposals and other business development-related materials
• Assisting with the creation and/or updating of bios and CVs
• Providing quality control for internal and external communications and documents, as needed
• Contributing to development of content for corporate website, including news items, case write-ups, publication summaries, and event descriptions
• Working with consulting staff to gather content for articles and other publications; write/edit copy and adapt for further publication
• Developing editorial aspects of email marketing communications
• Helping to develop news releases and briefs for pitching stories to the media
• B.A. degree required; advanced degree in English, Communications, Journalism, or a related field preferred
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in editing and content development in a B2B environment; professional services firm experience preferred
• Outstanding writing and editorial capability (writing samples required)
• Strong intellectual curiosity and comfort level with very high-quality standards and academic orientation
• Must be meticulous with regard to grammar and accuracy
• Strong attention to detail is essential
• Ability to think logically and deal with complex, often technical material
• Ability to develop content that is accessible and compelling without reverting to promotional or sales language
• Maturity and diplomacy in interacting with senior staff and experts whose primary responsibility is to clients; ability to use influence to achieve consensus and results
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Please apply for this position through our website: https://re13.ultipro.com/ANA1000/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*28040CB37DEE9A73