Assist in the coordination of the editorial, art, and production workflow and in planning the content and layout of the publication(s). Conducts research and writes copy, tracks copy and graphic material, performs copyediting and proofreading, and oversees special projects. Follows publication standards and policies and assists in ensuring that the publication is factual and grammatically correct.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Regularly confers with editor-in-chief and other staff members to formulate publication strategies, plan production, and discuss topics for self-generated articles and other projects.
· Assists in coordinating the editorial workflow, quality control, and shipping processes for assigned publications, supplements, and other special projects.
· Is cognizant of reader and advertiser needs and works in partnership with sales staff to meet both sets of needs without compromising editorial integrity.
· Conducts research; copyedits manuscripts as needed; proofreads prepared galleys of text and figures; writes columns, articles, product and literature sections, news, and miscellaneous copy as appropriate; participates in monthly quality checks prior to shipping;
· Develops, maintains, and utilizes knowledge of industry and trends, competitive environment, and editorial vision.
· Establishes and maintains positive professional relationships with authors, industry experts, and other internal and external contacts.
· Participates in reader and industry research, keeping abreast and ahead of anticipated market needs and changes, and works with editorial staff to adjust strategy of publication(s) accordingly.
· May attend industry conferences, trade shows, and other events, representing the publication and the Company as required.
· Performs additional duties as assigned.
· Four-year degree in Journalism, English, Communications or other relevant field or commensurate experience.
· Demonstrated competency in use of editing and proofreading skills to resolve stylistic, grammatical, and form of written material.
· Proficiency with desktop publishing word processing software, website content management systems and social media tools.
· Excellent written and oral communications skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to work in a deadline oriented environment.
· Industry and trade show experience preferred.
OTHER KEY SUCCESS ATTRIBUTES:
· Demonstrates flexibility; can re-define role as needed and adapt to change.
· Seeks continuous mastery of new technical and business knowledge and encourages the same in others.
· Interacts professionally and appropriately within a variety of cultures and situations while attending trade shows, conferences, and performing other company-related assignments.
· Performs research from various sources, identifies essential information, grasps implications, prioritizes, reorganizes, and applies.
· Demonstrates assertiveness by approaching others and soliciting needed information.
· Demonstrates the ability to identify and solve problems quickly, decisively, and independently.
· Shares information, cooperates with others, and is comfortable participating as a part of a team.