Full-Time Editor Needed at Food News Media
Food News Media, publisher of business-to-business magazines for the national restaurant industry, is looking for a full-time editor to oversee FSR magazine, a leader in news and insights for full-service restaurant professionals and chefs. Duties include planning editorial strategy, managing a team of writers, writing feature stories, copy editing and proofreading, and more.
This is an in-office position based in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
· Serve as an expert in restaurant trends, strategies, and personalities;
· Research industry for relevant story ideas;
· Assign and edit content for monthly magazine;
· Manage team of writers, both in-house and freelance, to create regular content;
· Oversee editorial flow, production, and systems;
· Contribute original stories as needed;
· Work with management to develop long-term strategy and direction;
· Serve as an FSR ambassador at national restaurant shows and other events.
· Minimum 3 years experience in magazine or online publishing, preferably as writer or editor;
· Strong copy-editing skills and knowledge of AP Style;
· Strong communication skills;
· Excellent skills in managing a team and multiple ongoing projects while meeting deadlines;
· Experience covering national foodservice industry or related field a major plus;
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe InCopy, and Google Apps.
Interested applicants should e-mail a resume, cover letter, and three clips to email@example.com.