||Chicago, IL or Raleigh, NC
Content Conference Producer
Communications Training & Conference Provider
Ref: # 887
Chicago, IL or Raleigh, NC
Have you created powerful content for conferences? Are you proactive? Curious about the latest trends in internal/external/digital communications? Do you have experience being a conference producer? Have you vetted speakers and managed budgets? Are you a skilled and confident public speaker? Want a job that allows you to travel to top markets and cities to stage 8 conferences/year?
Content Conference Producer is an ambitious and motivated producer who creates content for conference agendas for professional communicators.
Candidate will manage events from concept through execution. This starts with creating themes and 3 tracks/conference, researching and vetting potential speakers and ends with onsite management of a flawless conference. This is not a logistics planning position. Do you live in the Chicago area or Raleigh? Local candidates are encouraged to apply. Candidate must have superb writing skills. A test will be administered to the finalists.
Ideal Candidate Background:
- Between 5 -10 years of experience working in journalism, content production or events.
- Experience in conference production highly preferred.
- Excellent research, writing, organizational and people skills.
- Must be comfortable speaking in public when emceeing a conference is needed.
- Must be a natural multi tasker.
- Deadline-oriented. Able to juggle multiple projects and work well under pressure.
- Works collaboratively with a small team.
- Passionate about internal/external communications, as well as social media platforms.
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Power Point.
- 30% U.S. travel required.
- Produce top-tier content for 8 events a year. Busy seasons are early Feb-early May and end of Sept-Nov.
- Create content relevant to professional communicators, PR professionals, and editorial staff.
- Recruit top industry speakers to present best practices on selected topics. Manage communications and relationships with speakers before, during and after event.
- Manage budget for speakers’ fees and travel for each event.
- Develop and build a conference agenda, taking into consideration timing and conference venue set up.
- Work closely with speakers in all phases, to develop session copy and write conference landing pages, as well as other aspects.
- Coordinate with sponsor and events teams on conference details and logistics, as well as with the web team.
- Research to stay current on topics and trends in corporate communications, employee communications, PR, social media and marketing communications.
- Collaborate with events logistics team to ensure smooth execution of events, anticipating any potential issues and being prepared with solutions.
- Provide exceptional customer service onsite during events when interacting with attendees and speakers.
What client offers:
Client offers competitive salary base. Benefits include: Medical and dental insurance, Vacation/PTO, 401k, Casual work environment, Flexible schedule. Office is closed between Xmas –New Year.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Equal opportunity employer. Company does not discriminate on basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To Apply: Forward your resume, writing samples and answers to the 10 questions from this link http://lhazan.com/qa/ to Lynn@lhazan.com with the header Content Conference Producer. Your call to 312-863-5401 will showcase your attention to detail.