|Type of Position:
Description & Details
Position Summary: Responsible for the production and design of all Irrigation & Green Industry magazine print and digital products using the latest technology and working closely with editorial, sales and outside vendors to ensure deadlines are met and high-quality standards are adhered to.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish processes and implement design standards to produce consistent high-quality deliverables.
- Ensure all ad materials and graphics meet high-quality standards for print and online audiences.
- Collaborate with editorial staff on design ideas that will complement the editorial content in print and in online platforms, including the Irrigation & Green Industry website, igin.com, app and social media outlets.
- Lay out monthly print magazine, including features, departments and ad placement, working closely with editors and sales staff to ensure deadlines are met.
- Develop a production calendar for editorial and sales staff to follow that allows them to meet the demands of a monthly magazine schedule.
- Produce high-quality materials for sales and editorial teams in a timely manner.
- Serve as the point person for print and digital ad materials that come in and effectively communicate with clients and/or sales staff when proper ad sizes aren’t met.
- Work with editor-in-chief and sales staff to paginate magazine issues in a manner that can most effectively meet both editorial and sales department requests.
- Maintain good rapport with the printer and coordinate sending final approved magazine pages to the printer each month meeting the printer’s specification requirements on deadline.
- Collaborate with outside vendors and editorial staff to design an interactive, responsive monthly digital edition and mobile app.
- Work with digital content editor and web developer to enhance website design elements as needed.
- Create email templates for e-newsletters and other e-blasts as needed.
- Collaborate with the editorial team on ways to incorporate graphics into social media posts.
- Design a media kit and other sales materials throughout the year upon request of the sales team.
- Create digital and print ads for in-house promotions and clients upon request.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest design and ad advancements and implement design changes to ensure we are offering the latest available presentation of content.
- Don’t allow designs to get stale. Continue to monitor and update the design of our products with minor changes or major overhauls based on your evaluations.
Minimum Qualifications: Four-year degree in graphic design, visual media or related field. Five years’ experience working as an art director, graphic designer or production manager in a monthly magazine setting with production responsibilities. Experience creating and designing digital media products. Expert in Adobe Suite, proficient in Microsoft Office. Will consider remote candidates who meet criteria.
Type: Full time. 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Reports to: Editor-in-Chief
Salary and benefits: Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent health and dental programs. Flexible spending account and 401(k) plan after one year of service. Convenient location, shuttle to and from the Dunn Loring metro stop, free parking, small, casual office atmosphere.
How to Apply / Contact
Submit resume, cover letter, work samples and salary requirements to:
Foundation and Administration Director
No phone calls please.
8280 Willow Oaks Corporate Drive #400
Fairfax, VA 22031