|Type of Position:
Description & Details
Do you have that valuable skill of getting a reader engaged through the content you write? If so, then working as a freelance writer for Water Online may be for you.
Water Online focuses on the treatment and handling of drinking water, wastewater and storm water, both in municipal and industrial settings. We create content and publish it across a variety of media products to help environmental engineers, water and wastewater treatment plant operators, utility managers and industrial plant managers more efficiently source, monitor, move and disinfect one of our world’s scarcest resources.
For these assignments, you'll need to quickly learn how to expand and leverage your understanding of the business challenges and needs of this industrial market. With that knowledge you'll be able to create engaging content that promotes and addresses the needs, interests, and pain points of our audience.
To succeed, you’ll interview executives and subject matter experts, primarily over the phone during regular business hours, to write technical documents such as white papers, case studies, feature articles and executive Q&As.
Visit www.wateronline.com to learn more about our market and the type of content we produce.
Candidates must possess the following in order to be considered for the position:
• At least three or more years professional experience; strong preference given to those candidates with business writing experience and experience creating original content
• Microsoft Office proficiency
• Experience hitting deadlines and using effective time management skills to juggle priorities
• High attention to detail
Preferred candidates will also have:
• Relevant experience in the environmental science or water/wastewater fields
• Four or more years of experience in marketing, communications, and/or writing
• Willingness or experience teaming up with sales to understand the needs of both readers and advertisers alike
If you are interested, please send resume and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply / Contact
Email resume and writing samples to email@example.com